Jessica Merritt is an Associate Creative Director and Beer Blogger in the Chicago area known best as Beer Babe Jess. Jessica crafts copy and creative branding for ad agencies and companies by day, and scours the nation for the best craft beers by night. Jessica has over 12 years of experience as a creative leader and writer and knows that an emotional connection is a must for authentic and successful branding. She has flexed her creative strengths for companies like ULTA Beauty, Hyatt Hotels, and Allergan, using her marketing prowess to showcase various breweries to the masses as the Beer Babe.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Jessica explains how she got into the beer industry and began her social media presence.
- The personal connection people have with what they drink and how beer can spark conversation and connections.
- Why numbers don’t matter in social media—and personal connections do.
- How having an Instagram page for your business can boost sales and spread your brand.
- Jessica talks about being a woman in an industry dominated by men.
- Where Jessica started learning about beer and the industry.
- Bottle shares and the different ways to connect with other people about beer.
- Some of Jessica’s fondest memories in the beer industry.
- How the pandemic has affected Jessica’s business and personal experiences.
- How brands can interact more with fans and followers: Instagram stories.
- The impact of charitable acts on a brand.
- Jessica’s favorite beverages and breweries.
In this episode…
How much can social media really affect your business? What can brands do to boost sales and spread their message? Most importantly, what’s the difference between barrel-aged and sour beers?
Jessica, better known online as Beer Babe Jess, runs a successful Instagram page that showcases beers of all kinds and behind-the-scenes glimpses at different breweries and brands. For Jessica, it’s all about making connections—and there’s no better way to connect than with a cold beer in hand. As the Chicago Beer Babe, she gives a taste of how beer brings people together, how brands create personal connections online, and her experience in the beer industry.
Join Darren Fox on this episode of Pitcher This, where he talks with Associate Creative Director and Beer Blogger Jessica Merritt about the conversations seldom had about beer and the brewing industry. They also chat about her favorite parts of being a social media influencer, growing an online presence, and some of Jessica’s most memorable stories from her time in the beer industry. You won’t want to miss this exciting and thirst-quenching episode of Pitcher This!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Jessica Merritt on LinkedIn
- Beer Babe Jess
- Jessica Merritt
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Revolution Brewing
- Other Half Brewing
- Forager Brewery
- Honey Jacket by Revolution Brewing
- Mikerphone Brewing
- Hop Butcher for the World
- Phase Three Brewing Company
- MORE Brewing Company
- Beer Babe Jess Merchandise
- Idea Marketing Group
- Darren Fox on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode…
The sponsor for this episode is Idea Marketing Group. Founded in 2009, Idea Marketing Group helps beverage companies build their brand online through custom WordPress, web design, and digital marketing.
We continue to grow through the development of innovative websites, producing effective marketing strategies and dedicated customer service. We’re all about relationships; we strive for long-term partnerships. We love working with you, not for you. Our team of highly talented professionals help to give clients the results they need.
We treat each project with respect and give it the attention it deserves. Communication is key! We do not outsource; all design and coding is done in-house. We don’t use templates to design websites. Each one is hand crafted for your business. We continue to support local businesses and give back to the community. Your website is the face of your company and we make sure your website reflects everything your company values. Idea has worked with top companies including Bird Brain Energy Drinks, Weber Grill Restaurant, and NAI Group.