Our managed hosting is ONLY available to websites built by Idea. We do not offer hosting to the general public. We lease dedicated servers from Hivelocity data centers. Servers have a 99% power and network uptime SLA. In addition, our servers have been tailored for WordPress, resulting in faster loading times and file compression, including Gzip. Hosting starts at $95/month and includes:
- Redundant Configuration: Uses a raid array configuration that runs two hard drives simultaneously in
case of any potential hardware failure plus a 3rd backup hard drive
- Monitored 24/7: Idea contracts with an IT partner that manages the server during all hours and handle
all and any hardware failures or upgrades.
- Regular Security Updates + Monitoring: WordPress Core + Plugin Updates
- In-House Support: Email or speak directly with a person in our office
- Malware Removal: Idea will remove any infected files at no charge if a website were to become
- Sensitive Information Removal: No sensitive information will be stored within any database and steps
are taken to follow current privacy policies. If at any time, sensitive information is added/collected, Idea
reserves the right to immediately remove such as SSN or PCI compliance related information.
- Included SSL Certificate: Secured website and data using https://
- Premium Licenses for Plugins: We include paid licenses as well as continually renew licenses for Gravity Forms and Advanced Custom Fields Pro. A value of $180/year (if not hosting with Idea, these licenses will need to be purchased in order to receive ongoing security updates and usage)
- Unsupported Plugins: Idea reserves the right to remove any unsupported plugins or expired licensed plugins that compromise the security integrity of the server. Additional costs will incur for support to address these issues.
- Allowances: 20GB of local storage, 180GB of monthly bandwidth*
- Backups: Idea runs full backups 2 times a week on Sunday and Wednesday
- Datacenter: Operates in Florida and is SSAE-16 SOC1 and SOC2 certified with HIPAA and PCI compliant
- Access: All hosting plans include CPanel for account management
Premium managed hosting is required for websites that include shopping carts and catalogs. Additional fees apply.
We recommend GoDaddy for domain registration and require clients maintain ownership of their domains.
Alternative Hosting Option
All clients are welcome to set up hosting plans on non Idea servers. We recommend selecting a quality provider. Providers that offer hosting for low monthly fees deliver what you pay for with performance and reliability. WP Engine is a good hosting alternative and their hosting is comparable to ours. Browse WP Engine Hosting Plans.
* a one-time set up fee applies for all new accounts and varies depending on hosting platform