Our managed hosting is ONLY available to websites built by Idea. We do not offer hosting to the general public. We lease dedicated servers from the Singlehop datacenter. We contract with an IT partner that manages the server 24/7 and handles all any hardware failures or upgrades. Servers have a 99% power and network uptime SLA. In addition, our servers have been tailored for WordPress resulting in faster loading times and file compression including Gzip.
- Security Updates + Monitoring: WordPress Core + Plugin Updates: Idea will make plugin updates monthly
- In-House Support: Email or speak directly with a person in our office
- Malware Removal: Idea will remove any infected files at no charge if a website were to become compromised
- Included SSL Certificate: Secured website and data using https:// at no additional charge
- Premium Licenses for Plugins: We include paid licenses as well as continually renew licenses for Gravity Forms and Advanced Custom Fields Pro. A value of $180/year (if not hosting with Idea, these licenses will need to be purchased in order to receive ongoing security updates and usage)
- Backups: Idea runs full backups 3 times a week: Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday
- Datacenter: Operates in Chicago with an additional backup location in Washington
- Access: All hosting plans include CPanel for account management
- Domain Registration: We recommend GoDaddy for domain registration (we are available to assist in purchasing/transfers)
Starting at $50/month
E-commerce websites are billed additional
Alternative Hosting Options
All clients are welcome to set up hosting plans on non Idea servers. We recommend selecting a quality provider. Providers that offer hosting for low monthly fees deliver what you pay for with performance and reliability. Sometimes you may need even more than what our server can offer, if so, we recommend using WP Engine. Browse WP Engine Hosting Plans
*Time to set up and launch websites on third party hosting vendors are subject to hourly billing rates.
Google Exchange (Recommended)
Robust spam protection and is perfect for accessing all of your email from any device. Get integrated online calendars, cloud document storage, and team chat features. We are a Google Partner.
Storage: up to 30GB per user
Price: $6/month per email account
An alternative to Google Exchange offering almost identical features. The user interface is often preferred for companies who are comfortable using Microsoft Outlook.
Storage: up to 50GB per user
Price: $6/month per email account
*Email Support: Idea offers unlimited support for technical issues with the email account itself related to 1) Resolving hosting issues and 2) Fixing something that is broken. Other items like new email creation and setting up email on mobile phones or computers are subject to hourly billing rates.
All work is billed at an hourly rate of $150/hour*. This includes maintenance, email device support, development/coding, design, marketing, and consulting.
* Hourly rate is billed in 15 minute increments on a quarterly basis (monthly if requested) and is typically completed within 3 to 5 business days unless quoted differently for larger projects. All time is tracked through a time management tool. Rush/emergency changes are considered to be within 24 hours, and will be billed at $200/hour.
Monthly Marketing Partnerships
We offer monthly marketing services as a tailored marketing partnership to fit your company’s needs.
All rates and fees are subject to change without notice. Updated 02/12/20