Sara Moll, Vin Social
Sara Moll is the Founder and CEO of Vin Social, a company dedicated to connecting experience-seeking wine lovers to sommeliers and small-batch winemakers. Sara was previously working in the fashion industry as a Creative Director but decided to pivot her life to focus on wine. She received her sommelier certification from the International Culinary Center and she also is a Certified Specialist of Wine.
Before founding Vin Social, Sara worked for various wineries and retailers, including as the Consulting Wine Director at StarChefs.com. Sara is a member of Chief, a private network aimed to uplift women into more positions of power.
Podcast highlights with Sara Moll
- Sara Moll discusses how she entered the wine industry after a career in fashion
- Why Sara decided there was a need for a virtual wine experience
- Sara’s goal to remove the intimidation and cliques surrounding the wine industry
- The social media channels Vin Social uses to facilitate virtual events and spread the word
- Why Vin Social stands out in terms of accessibility to the wine industry
- Some challenges Sara faced when starting her business, like finding the right partnerships and becoming completely remote
- Why working remotely is a successful model
- How Sara utilizes Vin Social’s virtual events and turns them into more content for her quarterly clubs and social media
- Sara shares some advice for anyone wanting to break into the beverage industry: just do it
In this episode…
Do you want to be a part of the wine community, but don’t know where to start? Does it often feel like an exclusive club that you can’t join? How can you attend a wine tasting in a pandemic?
Sara Moll is the Founder and CEO of Vin Social, a completely virtual company dedicated to connecting experience-seeking wine lovers to sommeliers and small-batch winemakers. Sara noticed the bad habit of exclusivity surrounding the wine industry and aimed to change it with her company by making it more accessible and less intimidating. She’s here to tell you all about wine and why she loves running her business.
On this exciting episode of Pitcher This!, Darren Fox sits down with Founder and CEO of Vin Social, Sara Moll. She discusses how her brand is revolutionizing the wine industry, Vin Social’s virtual wine tastings, why remote work is successful, and much more. Stay tuned!
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Idea Marketing Group. A marketing agency known for custom web design and development with search engine optimization. Founded in 2009, they have consistently been ranked by Clutch as a top web design agency.
Resources mentioned in the podcast
- Darren Fox on LinkedIn
- Idea Marketing Group
- Sara Moll on LinkedIn
- Vin Social
- Vin Social on YouTube
- Red Tail Ridge Winery