Carlton Fowler & James Pelligrini, Goat Rodeo Capital
Carlton Fowler and James Pelligrini are Managing Partners of Goat Rodeo Capital, a venture capital fund specializing in early-stage opportunities within the alcohol beverage space. Carlton and James have nearly 30 years of combined experience in management, brand development, and marketing. They have collaborated on many business ventures as Founding Partners of sPacific Gravity and Co-founders and Directors of Granters Drinks.
Podcast highlights with Carlton Fowler and James Pelligrini
- Carlton Fowler and James Pelligrini explain the backstory on their company’s unique name
- The main qualities Carlton and James look for when choosing to invest in a brand
- The importance of having a strong vision in the competitive beverage space
- Why beverage brands often fall flat when it comes to digital marketing
- Is consumer behavior different because of the pandemic?
- Why the digital space isn’t going to fizzle out
- Carlton and James describe the general lifespan of a beverage brand and why it’s challenging to stay on top of the competition
- How Carlton and James met and decided to go into business together
- Some challenges Carlton and James faced within their company, Goat Rodeo Capital
- Carlton and James share their current favorite beverages
In this episode…
What affects a beverage brand’s lifespan? How can a brand stand out in the competitive beverage space? What qualities should a brand have to be considered for investment? Carlton Fowler and James Pelligrini can tell you.
Carlton and James met while working at E. & J. Gallo Winery, where they discovered a mutual passion for building and marketing beverage brands. Now, they’ve joined forces to run Goat Rodeo Capital, a venture capital fund focusing on early-stage opportunities for alcoholic beverage brands. Carlton and James have nearly 30 years of combined experience in brand marketing and investing, and they’re here to share their expertise with you.
On this episode of Pitcher This!, Darren Fox talks with Carlton Fowler and James Pelligrini, Managing Partners of Goat Rodeo Capital. They discuss the qualities they look for when investing in a brand, why digital marketing matters for relevancy, the rapidly growing digital age, and much more. You won’t want to miss this jam-packed episode!
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Idea Marketing Group. A marketing agency known for custom web design and development with search engine optimization. Founded in 2009, they have consistently been ranked by Clutch as a top web design agency.
Resources mentioned in the podcast
- Darren Fox on LinkedIn
- Idea Marketing Group
- Carlton Fowler on LinkedIn
- James Pelligrini on LinkedIn
- Goat Rodeo Capital
- E. & J. Gallo Winery