Looking for something fun to do this upcoming 4th of July weekend? Want to ensure you’re taking the kids to the very best fireworks show in the Chicago suburbs? We’ve got you covered!
To make your 4th of July planning easier, we compiled a list of 4th of July celebrations in the Chicagoland area.
2017 Yorkville 4th of July Celebration
- Parade: Tuesday, July 4 @ 9:00 am – Begins at Game Farm Road and ends at the water tower
- Fireworks: Tuesday July 4 @ Dusk – Corner of Route 47 and Countryside Parkway
The parade will be followed by activities in the Town Square, including: children’s foot races, water fights, rides, and music by the Yorkville Community Band. The Yorkville Big Band will perform at 8:00 pm at the Larson-Nelson Funeral Home before the fireworks.
North Aurora Independence Day Fireworks
- July 3 @ 9:30 pm – 25 E. State Street
Aurora’s Independence Day Celebration
- Parade: July 4 @ 10 am – 23 E. Galena Boulevard
- Fireworks: 9:35 pm
In honor of the 25th anniversary of Wayne’s World, this year’s parade theme is “Party on Aurora.” There will be a reviewing stand in front of the Paramount Theatre. Free family activities will follow at McCullough Park with local food vendors and great music.
4th of July @ RiverEdge Park
- July 4th @ 3 pm – 10 pm – 360 N. Broadway
Great music, delicious food, and a variety of activities for the kids makes this a celebration you won’t want to miss. Music acts include: American Legion Band and the Fox Valley Orchestra.
Oswego Independence Day Fireworks
- July 4th @ 9:30 pm – Prairie Point Community Park, 4120 Plainfield Road
Naperville Ribfest Fireworks
- July 3rd @ 9:30 pm – Knoch Park, 724 S. West Street
Ribfest is taking place from Friday, June 30 – Monday, July 3 and will feature a carnival with rides and games, plenty of delicious BBQ and ribs, and entertainment by Toby Keith and Colt Ford, to name a few.
Plainfield Patriotic Picnic and Fireworks
- July 3rd @ 6 pm – 9 pm – Plainfield Central High School, 24120 Fort Beggs Drive
Enjoy a picnic with the whole family that includes games, activities for the kids, food, and of course, fireworks! Fireworks begin at dusk.
Plainfield Lakewood Falls Annual Fireworks
- July 1 @ Dusk – Lakewood Falls Community Association, 21763 Falls Drive
Sandwich Independence Day Weekend Celebration
- Sandwich Park District Independence Day Parade: July 1 @ 10 am – Sandwich Fairgrounds
- Fireworks: July 2 @ 9:20 pm – Sandwich Fairgrounds
Joliet Free Independence Day Celebration and Fireworks
- July 1 @ 5 pm – 10 pm – Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park & Theatre, 201 W Jefferson Street
This evening of fun for the whole family includes delicious food, games, and music from a variety of local bands.
From all of us at Idea, we hope you have a great 4th of July spent with family and friends!