Related: Sales Associate, Sales Specialist, Sales Manager, Business Development
As a Sales Rep for Idea Marketing Group, will be responsible for creating opportunities through outbound efforts, prospecting, cold outreach, following up on leads, and presenting services focused on digital marketing, primarily Google Ads and SEO plans within the manufacturing and consumer goods space. You prefer the role as a hunter over a gatherer.
- We are incredible at what we do and have the proof to back it up, so you’ll believe in what you sell.
- Please include a short introductory video describing yourself and your background.
- Share your preferred compensation structure.
- Prospecting for new leads and utilizing supporting tools (ie: Dealfront)
- Perform demonstrations and discuss success examples overcoming objections and negotiating with leads
- Perform daily outreach activities (up to 30 calls a day is not uncommon)
- Track and manage the lead database (ie: Hubspot)
- Experience with UpWork for hunting is a bonus
- Identifying new trends and technologies that affect the sale of goods and services
- Preparing reports on client interactions, sales activities, and other tasks
- Achieve/exceed weekly & monthly performance metrics (appointments set, qualified leads worked, deals closed, etc)
- Continuous professional development for skill advancement (target ~36 hours annually)
- Remain current on industry norms and future trends, applied to projects
- Ensure strong communications with clients, opting for calls over email when appropriate
- Travel 20-30% based on need, customer face to face interaction, and team support
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 5-10 years of related sales and marketing experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; preference to leverage calls vs. emails for client communications;
- Good listening skills with applied creative thinking;
- Excellence in time and task management, attention to detail, and overall organization;
- Self-motivated and driven; able to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team;
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information clearly and persuasively.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of WordPress, Google Gmail, Documents, Sheets, Calendar and the Internet.